Porchtime at the Parsonage:
a conversation about reclaiming joy
First Congregational Church, Nantucket, has invited Ella to facilitate a conversation on moving from discouragement and loss to joy on Tuesday afternoons, hosted by Debra Klingsporn, wife of the senior minister. The four sessions will be guided by practical advice on reclaiming joy found in the Apostle Paul’s letter to the Philippians and will include conversations on:
- Love Overcomes Fear, July 11
- Unity Strengthens Relationships, July 18
- Maturity Brings Wisdom, July 25
- Peace Leads to Joy, August 1
Ella is writing a four-session leader’s guide to accompany her forthcoming book, Reclaiming Joy: A Primer for Widows, as well as a daily meditation guide. She is available to lead women’s retreats and seminars.
An experienced public speaker, workshop leader and facilitator, Ella welcomes the opportunity to speak to groups of any size. Topics include:
- NEW! Hope for the Holidays—in times of depression, discouragement and loss, finding the resilience to get through the Holidays
- Reclaiming Joy: Practical Advice on Moving from Discouragement to Joy. Click on the link to see the accompanying handout: 12 Keys to Reclaiming Joy
- Resolved: To Live Life in Gratitude Mode—for general audiences
- What Do You Say When There Are No Words?—for friends and family of those who grieve
- Use It or Lose It: Laying a Foundation for Widowhood—for married empty-nesters
- You Can’t Make Your Mother Happy. So What Can You Do?—for women in the sandwich generation
- Porchtime at the Parsonage, a conversation about reclaiming joy, 4:30–6 p.m., Tuesdays, July 11 to August 1, 64 Centre Street, Nantucket, MA. Open to all women.
- Hope for the Holidays, LaRetama Club, Corpus Christi, 3 p.m., Wednesday, November 1.