Summer ’16 Writing Highlights
Ella attended the Nantucket Book Festival June 17–19, where she had the opportunity to hear best-selling and prize-winning authors describe how they practice and perfect their craft. National Book Award historian Nathaniel Philbrick, at right above, was a highlight. Also pictured, Beach read best-selling author Elin Hilderbrand; Alice Hoffman, author of The Marriage of Opposites; display of Festival authors’ books for sale.
In July her article, “From Grief to Joy: Rebuilding an Abundant Life,” was published by Women & Wealth Magazine.
In August she participated in a three-session memoir-writing workshop at the Nantucket Atheneum taught by Dr. Amy Boesky of Boston College, author of What We Have: A Memoir, Penguin, 2010.
Ella—an experienced public speaker, workshop leader and facilitator—welcomes the opportunity to speak to groups of any size within a day’s drive of Corpus Christi, as well as in the Metroplex and other cities in Texas as her schedule permits. Topics include:
- Reclaiming Joy: Practical Advice on Moving from Discouragement to Joy—especially appropriate for faith-based groups. Click on the link to see the accompanying handout: 12 Keys to Reclaiming Joy
- Resolved: To Live Life in Gratitude Mode—for general audiences
- What Do You Say When There Are No Words?—for friends and family of those who grieve
- Use It or Lose It: Laying a Foundation for Widowhood—for married empty-nesters
- You Can’t Make Your Mother Happy. So What Can You Do?—for women in the sandwich generation
Upcoming: Driftwood Garden Club, Corpus Christi, January 10, 2017
Jeanette Hammer Guild, Church of the Good Shepherd, Corpus Christ, April 14, 2016, pictured above.